Information We Collect
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
Information we collect falls into one of two categories: ‘voluntarily provided’ information and ‘automatically collected’ information.
‘Voluntarily provided’ information refers to any information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions.
‘Automatically collected’ information refers to any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details about your visit.
Additionally, if you encounter certain errors while using our website or services, we may automatically collect data about the error and the circumstances surrounding its occurrence. This data may include technical details about your device(s), what you were trying to do when the error happened, and other technical information relating to the problem. You may or may not receive notice of such errors, even at the moment they occur, that they have occurred, or what the nature of the error is.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual persons.
When you visit our website or interact with our services, we may automatically collect data about your device(s), such as:
- Device Type
- Operating System
- Unique device identifiers
- Device settings
- Advertising ID
- Sound volume
- Geo-location data
- Sensors (accelerometer, barometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, GPS, brightness, proximity, Bluetooth, WiFi, Cellular)
Data we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device(s) and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they may make available to us.
We may ask for personal information which may include one or more of the following:
- Phone/mobile number
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
We will only send you direct marketing communications if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following:
- Sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
- When you download and use our mobile app
We may also receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, such as analytics providers like Google and search information providers.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to provide you with our platform’s core features and services
- to consider your employment application
- to install our mobile app and register you as a new app user
- to manage payments and collect money owed to us
- to manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the app or any services
- to administer and protect our business, including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing
- to make recommendations to you about services which may interest you
- to monitor trends so we can improve our mobile app
We may combine voluntarily provided and automatically collected personal information with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources. For example, our marketing and market research activities may uncover data and insights, which we may combine with information about how visitors use our website to improve our website and your experience with it.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength and ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services.For example, ensuring you do not make your personal information publicly available via our platform. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information below for further information.
However, if necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest. In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Our mobile app is designed partly for children. Therefore we are aware that we must be extra cautious when processing personal information. We anticipate and assume that we will be collecting personal information only from parents or guardians.
If you are under the age of 13, you may only use the services and provide personal information if you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- a parent, subsidiary or affiliate of our company
- third-party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you
- third parties to collect and process data
- an entity that buys, or to which we transfer all or substantially all of our assets and business
Third parties we currently use include:
- Google Analytics
- Nielsen DMP
We share profiling data with NumberEight Technologies Ltd.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
International Transfers of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is stored and/or processed in the United Kingdom, or where we or our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers maintain facilities.
The countries to which we store, process, or transfer your personal information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented: (i) we will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; (ii) where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights over your personal information. Unless your personal information is required to provide you with a particular service or offer (for example providing user support), we will not deny you goods or services and/or charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties, or provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
We use ‘cookies’ to collect information about you and your activity across our website. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our website. This helps us serve you content based on the preferences you have specified.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data, including your personal information, among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any parties who acquire us may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, continue to use your personal information according to this policy, which they will be required to assume as it is the basis for any ownership or use rights we have over such information.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt-out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact us using the following details: