14 Nov Ad Tech space for 2020 and beyond. Top 12 Programmatic Advertising Trends.
The entry of new advertising channels such as Digital Out Of Home (DOOH), podcast and audio programmatic advertising, voice-activated ads, smart devices, and AR/VR not only gives marketers more choices but also provides a more engaging, personalized experience for consumers. Technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and 5G are going to make programmatic advertising more efficient.
Lipi Khandelwal in the article “Top 12 Programmatic Advertising Trends for 2020 and Beyond” published in MTA MarTech Advisor, predicts the most important trends that will pave the path for new-age digital ad planning:
- AI in programmatic advertising.
- GDPR ultimately proves to be advertisers’ friend, not foe.
- Digital Out Of Home (DOOH) combined with mobile location data.
- Voice-activated ads go beyond in-home smart devices.
- Wearables will augment programmatic advertising.
- 5G will catalyze all programmatic advertising.
- Personalization will remain critical but the concept will evolve.
- Blockchain & Ads.txt will continue to guard advertising.
- Programmatic TV, podcasts and audio programmatic are all set to grow.
- Omnichannel or integrated programmatic is the way to go.
- Agencies forced to work on outcome-based pay.
- In-house programmatic trap Vs. agency transparency.
We strongly recommend the article.